Meet the Principal
Welcome to Sloan Creek where we focus on growing young leaders!
At Sloan Creek, we are a community of diverse, independent learners becoming positive leaders in a safe environment. We work on the following leadership skills by design each day at Sloan Creek:
- Habit 1: Be Proactive. “You're in Charge”. ...
- Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind. “Have a Plan” ...
- Habit 3: Put First Things First. “Work First, Then Play”. ...
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win. “We all can win”...
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood .”Listen before I respond”..
- Habit 6: Synergize, “Together is better “...
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw, “Balance is best”
As principal, my mission is to inspire others to dream more, learn more, and do more to make a positive difference in the lives of those around them. I believe that we must teach 5th and 6th graders how to be leaders by design, not by chance. I am passionate about building trust within classrooms to create a breakthrough performance for each child. I am driven to ensure that each child has an experience that is second to none. I hope that your child
If I can be of service to you or your child, please call me directly 24/7.
About Mr. Winkler:
- Taught 5th-8th orchestra
- Lovejoy High School Associate Principal 2008-2012
- Lovejoy ISD K-12 Coordinator of Fine Arts 2008-2012
- My Family: Wife-Mary, Brandon, Leo, Genevieve
- I love spending time with our 3 kids and with my wife, Mary.
- I also enjoy playing music. My main instrument is double bass. I studied both classical and jazz at UNT during my bachelor's. For the past 9 years, I have enjoyed playing guitar and leading worship as the music minister at my church.