As a student, I was motivated by teachers who loved their jobs and created a unique, stimulating learning environment. I remember the best and the worst classes that I encountered, and the teacher was always a determining factor. My love for writing and reading logically progressed to earning a degree in English and Education from Stephen F. Austin State University.
I taught Language Arts in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch district for 5 years, and I have been serving in the Lovejoy district for the past four years. I love spending time with my husband, John Mark and my four children. My oldest son, Jace, attends the University of Arkansas. My daughter, Jordan, attends the University of Oklahoma, My daughter Jensyn is a senior and my youngest son, Jarrett, is in 9th grade. Our free time has been spent at Lacrosse, cheer, soccer or baseball practices.
* I love to learn new things-Last summer I learned to get up on a wakeboard. This year I learned to jump the wake. I learned to use an Android phone. I learned how to create and run a blog...
* I love sports- Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. (or whatever sport my kids are playing at the time)
* I love to workout, and I am currently training or a 5K.
* I love hanging out with my family- This summer we spent time at Possum Kingdom Lake, and we did a lot of college visits: Arkansas, Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, OU, OSU & Baylor the verdict is still unknown.
* My favorite saying right now is “Don’t water the weeds.” I want to inspire kids to grow in their strengths and overcome issues that might inhibit individual growth.
Check the calendar below for all Caton ELAR Classes