About Mr. Winkler:
- 20th year in education, 12th year in school leadership
- Taught 5th-8th orchestra
- Lovejoy High School Associate Principal 2008-2012
- Lovejoy ISD K-12 Coordinator of Fine Arts 2008-2012
- My Family: Wife-Mary, Brandon (9), Leo (6), Genevieve (2)
- I love spending time with our 3 kids and with my wife, Mary.
- I also enjoy playing music. My main instrument is double bass. I studied both classical and jazz at UNT during my bachelor's. For the past 9 years, I have enjoyed playing guitar and leading worship as the music minister at my church.
A Short Message From Mr. Winkler:
We will continue to focus on growing young leaders using the book "The Leader In Me" as our foundational guide. I would encourage you to read this book as it has a powerful impact on how students learn to become leaders.
Click here to learn more about "The Leader In Me"
Click here for the explanation of the 7 habits
We work on the following leadership skills by design each day at Sloan Creek:
- Problem Solving
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Cross-Cultural Skills
I am looking forward to meeting each of you and ensuring that our learners at Sloan Creek Intermediate School Continue to “Tackle The Challenge”!
See the link for my start of the year video message - https://www.movenote.com/v/rA14IXnS7sc
You are invited to call or text my cell directly or call my assistant to make an appointment at 469-742-8304.
Tackle the Challenge!